The Department of Veterinary Services (DVS), in the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water, Fisheries and Rural Development, in collaboration with the European Union funded Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme- Transforming Zimbabwe’s Animal Health and Food Safety Systems for the Future (ZAGP-SAFE) Project being implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is inviting private sector companies to partner DVS in the delivery of improved animal health services from pilot upgraded 26 AAHMCs located in selected 18 rural districts of Zimbabwe primarily located in the small holder farming sector. In order to create a conducive environment for the provision of demand driven improved animal health services to livestock farmers, the DVS, with support from the ZAGP-SAFE project is capacitating the 26 AAHMCs through infrastructural upgrades which include new 5KVA solar system, security fencing, installation of anti-burglar screens on all doors and windows, refrigerators, freezer (for cold chain) and Wi-Fi connection.
The overall objective is to ensure that the livestock farmers get the key animal health and production inputs from their locality and reduce the reaction time thereby preventing mortalities and enhance production and productivity. The private sector participation is key for the supply of these inputs in a sustainable manner. Interested private sector entities or individuals are invited to submit proposals for innovative ideas on how they would like to partner the DVS in the supply of veterinary drugs and other services to the local farming communities under a Public-Private- Partnership initiative.
Interested private sector entities or individuals can access the detailed Call for Expression of Interest (CFEOI) document from DVS head office at the address stated below from 27 March 2022 to 10 April 2022.
Department of Veterinary Services
18 Borrowdale Road
Phone: 0242707683; 024793074
- The bidder is required to submit detailed company profile indicating the type of business or services they offer.
- Never been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct.
- Never been subject to fraud, corruption, involved in a criminal or any other illegal activity.
- Fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contribution and/or taxes.
- To submit a copy of their CURRENT Tax Clearance certificate for Tenders.
- To submit a copy of their CR14.
- To submit a detailed proposal of how they intend to partner with DVS in improving animal health service delivery at AAHMCs
- The closing date for tender submission is 10 April, 2022; 1200hours local Zimbabwe time (GMT + 2 hours).